CV, Blog, Instagram, Github, Teaching
Location: Occupied Lenapehoking (NYC)
I would like to acknowledge the Lenni Lenape peoples who are the original and continued rightful stewards of the land that I love and on which I work and reside.
I am a Telugu-American cross/inter/multi-disciplinary artist, coder and educator based in Lenapehoking (Brooklyn, NY). I often use family and archival photographs as source material, combining code-based and analog techniques (photography & printmaking) to create artwork about intergenerational/collective memory. My creative work has been supported by institutions such as Ada X, The Interactive Telecommunications program at NYU, ETOPIA Center for Art & Technology, Fotomuseum Winterthur, and LES Printshop. I currently teach creative coding in the Design & Technology department at Parsons and work as a designer/developer for The Experimental Humanities Collaborative Network where I create digital spaces and tools.
- Semana 3581 A·kin - Doreen A Ríos
- Aarati Akkapeddi’s “A·kin” by Michael Kurtz | e-flux
- Algorithmic Apparitions by Meg Miller - Pioneer Works | Broadcast
- Can Fake Images Show Us Something Real? by Meg Miller - The New York Times
- Chosen Family - Fotomuseum Winterthur
- Interview with Aarati Akkapeddi by Riley Gunderson - 10011 Magazine
- Aarati Akkapeddi on the poetics and politics of beauty and identity through data sets by Girinandini Singh - Stir World
- Frieze New Writers Pick The Best Shows to See in the UK - Matthew Maganga
- Top photography exhibitions in London | Time Out London
- Current | A·kin @ The Photographers Gallery
- Recent | Magical Hackerism. Or the Elasticity of Resilience @ Savvy Contemporary
- Recent | Performing Documents: Modes of Assembling @ Center for Book Arts
- Recent | Chosen Family -- Less Alone Together @ Fotomuseum Winterthur
View full C.V.